CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

In the Shadow of Plenty

This year I would like to actually get somewhere spiritually. Last year was about finishing something I had started. Then starting something new. These were desires God was faithful in giving me. But they were not 100% dedicated to the Lover. I would like to say they were. I am seeing some things very differently right now.
I feel this year is the year to be obedient. This year is to draw nearer than ever to my God. To stop feeling sad or mad or disappointed or tired. To just start moving the direction of the Spirit of God- wherever that may lead. Jobs really hinder the free form of the Spirit unless the Spirit actually gives you a job/task.
I figured something out that might seem very basic to many of you. Questioning and wondering as necessary I feel it is, is a hindrance to the relationship of a believer. It may allow for strengthening at the end, but it causes a loss of momentum in the present walk. In addition, the longer one takes his/her eyes off of the Lover, fleshly responses become more exaggerated. Emotional lows, anger and bitterness thrive in the face of doubt. Children do not understand a waffle other than eating it. Stand firm. That is scripture, despite doubt. It produces fruit in children. There is security of the spirit in parents that are oak trees. Kids can climb and play and rest in the shade. This year I declare strength in firm stance. Faith like never before. Stability of mind, will and emotion. I was watching "Strong Man" on TV, I could see some with smaller muscles and stronger stance carry more weight for a longer period. I looked over at the husband and suddenly became an expert in the judging of the competion. He laughed, but agreed. If you can plant firmly, you can endure and perservere. Faith, Peace, Love, Hope and Joy abundant. I pray this for you and me.
Joel and I are reading this book


It is amazing. It has given us the kick in the teeth we have needed to get serious about our role in this life. I will give you more details later. B- we can't wait for your return. If you have not read this, put it on your short list. Anyway, gotta go, lots to do.

3 comments:

Agent B said...

It's always nice to be wanted. Thanks. Soon after we return, I may be hosting my annual "who the hell's gonna show up this time?" birthday party. Maybe that's an excuse to see each other.

I've read a couple of Grant books before. Legend has it that the "izzy group" ministry was created back in the 80's by two people who read one of those books.

Leanne Stewart said...

firmly planted, huh? like the sound of it ;)

MONICA said...

I can relate with your sentiments of the last year and year to come. I love your way with words...when's the poetry book to be published? I want a signed copy!!