CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Mia


(This is Mia with her short wig on- one of the many fun things she likes to do. She was in a play and had to wear this wig, but don't you think she looks cute with short hair?)

SO, lots has been going on. Some things I can talk about here some not. Crisis #? Mia left for San Antonio yesterday. She will be finishing high school in San Antonio. Interesting that I moved my senior year in HS to San Antonio, but I was moving back in with my mom so I would not have to pay bills the rest of my senior year. Hmmm, long story. I had a kind of bad day until I knew she got there. My mom was trying to meet her by Comfort (town close to Frederiscksburg). Mia, however, went all the way to her house in San Antonio. Meanwhile, in the fog and the rain, we were panicking, just a little. Okay, more than that. Weather was bad on the way down. Anyway. It was a rough day. And a rough night. As it is three AM and here I sit. I know, I have prayed pretty much without ceasing, except I am blogging.

Work is better in many ways, still hard in others. I am learning a lot. I suspect I would in any place I worked. But I really am beginning to like my doctor. He is odd, funny, intelligent,one of those MENSA types. It is good brain food.

I am still working on research and Medicare stuff. It pretty much sucks and I can't wait to give it away.

Joel is getting busier, Erica is still helping him, thank you thank you thank you. PLEASE DON'T QUIT. If you would like to suscribe to the Tru Blu Newsletter, email us at trublucatering@mac.com. It is beautiful piece that is evolving to include, a wine article and recipe and general goings on at Tru Blu.

Wednesday is our first life group of the semester. If we had known Fran was having one, we might have just quit ours and gone on over. But I guess not the plan of God. We are focusing on single parents. We have four single parents with 2-3 kids each. Pray for us. We are excited about the implementation of God's blueprints in this area.


I guess I should try to rest a couple of hours. I have a very busy day ahead of me.

7 comments:

Agent B said...

All the best to you, the family, and Mia.

Sure, I don't know your details or situation. Nor do I know what it's like to raise a teen.

But I know WAY too many people that stick around and stay w/ mom & dad well into their 30's!! (*shudder).

So...I always kind of half-admire young people that try a go at life, even when it comes with awkward baggage that they may created.

The lord will honor your prayers.

Anonymous said...

God's got His eye on Mia, I know He does.
And you are a wonderful friend- I love you.

Brandi Wilson said...

I can't imagine what it's like to have a grown (nearly grown) child out of the house! I can't imagine what that feels like!
So Mia is living with your Mom during her senior year? Does she want to go to college there too?

Leanne Stewart said...

No worries.

All breathless praise, remember?

;)

trish said...

I guess you all got my heart pegged. I have been teary for two days. I just keep picturing my little princess. She will be 18 in two days.

MONICA said...

She looks gorgeous!! God bless you as you launch your baby into the world. She is covered, I know in love, prayers and abundant grace. Still hard. Ashley lasted six weeks here with us, but went back to San Antonio to be with her mom, she's still just a freshman. When they can spread their wings it is also a wonderful complement to a wonderful mother.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. I feel like I haven't seen you guys in forever. I miss your prophetic worship at the front. Hope to see you soon.