CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Flight Interrupted

AHHHHHHHHH! That is my frustration. Mia's flight from Philly to DFW is cancelled- bad weather- she has to sleep in the airport or stand in the two hour line for standby and possibly still sleep in the airport. Please pray for my baby's protection. Nash was saying, "Mom she is almost an adult!' I told him that I didn't care if she was eighty, I will always be a mom to my kids when they need me. I was totally strong and praying and fine and then after the second hour on the phone with people telling me it was not their problem I started to cry. Then finally someone logged in to a computer told me she would be in Dallas at midnight. Yeah! Then the next thing I know Mia is calling back saying she is still in the airport! Thus you got the silent scream.
The next time I taked to her she was not upset anymore and had gotten a flight at 7 AM. Lord Jesus protect my baby. Cover her. Place your hedge of protection around her. Send Angels to stand guard and allow your strength to rise up in her. She can do anything equal to any thing through you that infuse inner strength into her. Your grace is sufficient for Mia. And Mom too. Let her be a blessing to every frustrated person around her.

UPDATE: We are all home safe and sound- thanks you guys. It is too funny that she went to Europe- 10 cities in 17 days - smooth sailing- until she reaches the States. Mia is 17 y.o. and well on her way to figuring life out for herself. No matter how much I tried to protect her from the big bad ugly world she still had to figure out what to do all on her lonesome. She passed the life test. Whew. Way to go Mia. Way to go God!

5 comments:

A-lauf said...

She will be alright. Can I vote to change the font of your blog. It's hard to read for me?

guttergirl said...

My prayers are for Mia to arrive safe and sound soon!

Brandi Wilson said...

Peace to Mia, and Peace to you Trish!
Did Joel tell you that Peaches prayed for Mia at Interc. Prayer on Tuesday? I thought that was interesting!
She will be a blessing at the airport, and her flight will be smooth!
It's just one more day and you will have her at home! Think of the experience and knowledge that she's recieving right now! She will be just fine!

trish said...

Thanks Aaron- I will switch it soon.

GG- Thanks for the comments, you can visit anytime, I love your sense of humor and dedication to your kids, the ice cream bribery was too cool, and very timely! PS I almost stole the old ladies jointly flipping everyone off for this post.

Brandi- I am leaving to pick my girl up soon, she made it to DFW. I venture to say my baby grew up last night.

Agent B said...

I don't know how old Mia is. But when I was 20, I flew from Jo-burg, South Africa back to Houston via Paris, London, NY & DFW.

The London part wasn't supposed to happen. Our flights were not confirmed in Jo-burg thus we lost our seats, etc.

In Paris we had 30 min to catch our next plane. No one I was with (other 18-20 year olds) knew French, but somehow we figured out to take some bus to a far away terminal with all our junk and barely made it.

Then there was customs in NY that we accidentally sneaked through (really).

Everything seemed like a nightmare, but it was a huge growing up experience.

I'm sure Mia will do great. All the best to you and her.