CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Rainchild

Tonight my children delighted in the rain. I was hot and tired, cleaning out a stuffy dirty room. I went outside to make sure they were not doing anything bad or dangerous. Nash was running around soaking wet in the rain, barefoot, grinning the only way a seven year old boy with one front tooth could, ear to ear. I started to tell them- Bella was with him, to get out of the rain- at least put shoes on. What a party pooper. My husband reminded me to let them be kids and have fun. So I went outside, stepped out from under the awning, and let the rain trickle the big drops on my sweaty head. I said, "The rain feels really good on your head." Nash ran out with his arms spread wide, Bella was dancing and singing in the background, then Nash said, " The rain feels good all over your body." That kid really knows how to live. Why is it so hard for me to cut loose and be a fun mom. I am a true goofball sometimes- then I get all rigid and my face puckers up- yuk. I wannna get all wet, need to get all wet. Then maybe I can just pucker from the moisture instead of the sour in my soul. Gotta breathe long breath phewww!

3 comments:

Leanne Stewart said...

I'm gonna come back and comment on you last couple of posts but Nash reminded me that I need to 'run in the rain w/ my boy' first.

Off to do that. Timely post :)

Leanne Stewart said...

"sour in my soul". I've got some of that. Funny, I can be the best 'auntie' around but when I put on the 'mom' hat, I change.

Wonder if it has to do w/ responsibility or just that mother-child connection?

guttergirl said...

Every adult NEEDS to dance in the rain once in a while. Our lives make it difficult for us to shake that responsible adult thing but if you are successful, it is so worth it.