CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Lightening Night



I am driving home in the evening rain
That separate soul of a poet calls my name beckoning me toward the horizon
I have to go home and feed my family
I don't have time to pull over on that hill and watch the electricity map the sky
I am late for dinner
The music becomes more noticeable
The classical rhythms are mysteriously in tune with the streaks of light across a cloud filled sunset

I cannot take this evening for granted
I pull up to the driveway fully involved with the stage of His presence
The music heightening with the intensity of the lights and softening with the beads of rain turn to mist
A head pops out as they have been waiting
I extend an invitiation to the ultimate laser light show as my seven year old boy and ten year old girl climb into the front seat
We have our drive-thru dinner theatre together as I am parked in reverse, positioned anticipation
My son exclaims excitement
We sit for a few more moments capturing forever with our nets of remembrance
It is a sweet life

A little wonder and awe shining and striking
Dangerous to some and beautiful to others
Awesome, to others still
Where do you find your heart and mind in the lightening of life?
Fearful for the possibility or excited at the majesty?
Where do you find yourself?
I find myself riding the raindrops fallen to splash
Absorbed with the morning sun
Taken to heights unseen
Entered into the process undone
Embedded in the clouds
Provision of the water that is needed for life
Entering the dance of the cycle of giving
Forming and crashing that others might go on living

We are dash, bleep, fleet and flash
No time to worry or pile the trash
Release now the glory
Fear not the shine
Dance with a vengence
Sing without rhyme
Color the Lover's Crest on your life

Trish Trueblood

1 comments:

Leanne Stewart said...

Gorgeous.

Flamenco guitar, huh?

*grins*

Thanks for your comments, btw. I just smiled and smiled and breathed a little deeper, ya know?