CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 08, 2007

More Randomoniums

Okay Clinicals have started for me and I have- as is the norm for me, taken about seventeen projects simultaneously. I could use some Amanda in me right now! Wouldn't it be cool if we could switch powers like Pokemon or something and just said Power of Organization! Power of ______! Okay so maybe I should be asleep but I am not so there you have it.
I am in the last eight weeks as a student. I will not be nervous. I will not feel inadequate or stupid. I will not be slow when I am finished with this program. I will pass my certification exam. Okay, whew! I am confessing before I get in too deep and the old nature tries to tell me I am drowning. So, in essence I am leaving a trail of breadcrumbs. By the way the end of last semester was the best end of semester I have ever had with regard to the "girl formerly riddled with anxiety."

Kids off to FGF Church camp at 0815, TO clinical with Andrea C at ( as soon as I get there. A meeting with administration at ARMC at 1100am. Back to Andrea's office. By the way- God is so great that he gave me Andrea to precept me. Feeling very fortunate. She is one of the sweetest, most compassionate, cutest and smartest nurse practitioners ever! SO I have not decided how long to be there cause I have a date with a girlfriend that shall remain nameless. I just don't want anyone to think I am playing favorites or anything. No kids no husband just dinner and movie and probably a footrub or two. Nice. Then back to the house cause somewhere in the afternoon before returning to Clyde I will go and purchase a gift for the Kim Peters Bridal Shower (that is going to be awesome). Julie has put it together at the lovely Wendy's house for Sat 10AM. Then I will be off to Fredericksburg to take my husband to Father's day dinner. We will be too busy next week and I will probably just let the kids cook- the old breakfast in bed routine. We will leave Fred to make it back in time for church hopefully. Then- we start over. More deadlines for these research studies. More required reading. More demands on the Trishmeister ( some self inflicted). Just give me some garden time Lord.

I have been waiting for the poetry brewing in me to release the love and communion I feel with the Father in the garden. I might do that later. I will do that later. But right now can I just describe some of the elements in the coming poem? Like you are going to stop me somehow.

The weeping willow sits in the corner of the fenced off metal links. Out of place for such a regal fellow. So old and unkept He has been trying to die. I have been praying for new life in this tree and my garden. I have declared that it will live longer that my family's family. The reason? I have never gardened until this year. I went outside with a vengence. I dug and raked and together my husband and children to one measure or another helped create this space and stage for the creative to be birthed. You see I do not take life lightly. I cannot have anymore children physically. But something about planting and germinating seeds in the " tummy of the earth" and watching them rise. Listening to the rustling leaves on the branches of the great tree and standing close enought to hear the crackling of the water as it trickles back into the soil- divinity. It is heaven on Earth. It is a Kingdom come moment in my life, every day I am out there. There is a peace that is almost overwhelming. I am so filled with love and purpose. God dwells in this place with me. There is no need to speak. Lest it be to my babies growing so strong or sometimes broken by the chickens. My heart is with His Heart if but for a few minutes. It is exquisite.

I love my children. I am very affectionate with them. But I struggle creating those moments with them. They are my legacy, they are my gift. Yet I lose time with them regularly. I feel like a "boring" mom. Not because they say anything. I know they love me but if anyone has any suggestioins on how to have fun more- without chuck e cheese or mr gatti's or constant money sucking themes- please suggest away!

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

I dont know if you're kids are too old for this or not, but I just bought my kids a slip-n-slide for $6.96 from Wal-mart. They love it! I stay outside and watch them and cheer them on when they get a really good slide going. Or i just use the hose to spray them, we do the waterfall. They really love that. We also do hardcore worship time where we are jumping around and waving our hands and yelling out the song. I dont know if any of that helps. It's super cheap and we actually interact but my kids are a lot younger and a lot less prone to disagree with me. Kinda nice.

Francesca said...

Trish,me and the girls have soaked. It was really awesome. Then after we share any visions of pictures. The first day we soaked Bailey got filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke in tongues. That makes for a pretty awesome day.

I also bought a fairly cheap easle and some cheap canvases. They have been painting pictures. And since they are on canvas you can keep them of frame them.

Francesca said...

And just for the record, I don't think you are a "boring" mom. I think you are interesting and exotic.

Lydianna Bradford said...

I would have never guessed you think of yourself as boring!!

We are very into praise/worship/soaking with our girls. My only concern is that they will think my voice is how songs are supposed to sound -- hopefully the CD playing in the background will give them a clue that it's not :-) Other things we do (although my kids are so much younger --) is cook/bake/decorate together, go for walks/picnics/park. Your kids may like the State Park -- or a camping trip? What about the drive-in movies? Oh, and maybe try to do some girly stuff with Bella. Go get pedicures together or something fun like that. I try to work in about one thing a week that is memorable. Some weeks we squeeze in more...but by at least trying to do one a week it makes me feel like we are blessing them with a memorable childhood.

BTW -- I need to get your email. I want to pick your brain on PCOS.

trish said...

Jennifer,
I had not thought about slip and slide. Will ask them about it-I bet it would be a go.

Fran,
I love the painting thing. I will look into that too.

Ashlee,
One memorable thing a week. That is an intentional goal I can shoot for. It is my prayer to grow with my kids in numerous ways this summer. email me at trublu@valornet.com

Kevin said...

Trish,

I know it is difficult for those memorable things, I thought the same thing! Sometimes it is difficult since I work so much.

Cheap Fun - Memorable Ideas:
Zoo - I know it is small, but Lydie still remembers going in 05.
Buy a cheap swimming pool ($20) then do late night swims. Last year right after dark we would go sit in the pool with drinks and watch the stars and clouds. The girls loved it! Cheap - and never lost it's umphhh.

I know there are more, but that is all I can think of for know!

trish said...

Thanks Kevin- that does sound very fun.

ericaprosser said...

save that gardening paragraph for the book I will be making you write. not kidding.

Leah Cypert said...

Hey Trish,just caught up a little on your blog, I am in Chiang Mai, northern thailand now in a coffee shop--wish you were here--I am really inspired by you--I wish I had the beautiful inner life that you cultivate like a beautiful garden--I feel like my garden looks like Abilene in the summer, full of tumbleweeds and the occasional prickly mesquite bush--miss you much!
Leah