CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 17, 2007

True Brew

Percolate like coffee
Waiting for the brew
Eyes of a child looking straight at you
How is it that one minute
I feel so full of grace
Yet with the minute past
The spirit heart's misplaced
Selfishness, the monster
Eats the wholeness rising
Bread that should be baked, my Lord
Has chilled in fraternizing
With doubt and insecurity
My Lord, my shepard come!
The cliff is calling me
Jagged edge descent
My flesh must die here now
I fear my life is spent

"I will catch you as you fall,"
The lover's voice proclaims
From lamb's uncertain blind
To Lion's assured reign
You are altogether mine
I will refine my fold
Lovely will you shine
As soon as you let go
Quiver not in yielding
Flesh is overated
The ascent to heavens tower
Is flowered in the quaking
Earth moving in the minute
Godspeak in curtain call
Open on stage right
Bow and take your fall

The beans you grind were roasted
To release the flavored cup
The babe dreams divinely
The silver is aglow
Raise me higher bread keeper
Burn my fleshly binds
Forged for your endeavor
Forever love accrue
Empowered and enlisted
Whisper to your royal few
Readied for the battle
Always to be true
Death it has no sting
To know the end with you.



Patricia Munoz Trueblood
February 17, 2007

1 comments:

ericaprosser said...

when does your book come out?