CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 26, 2007

Lines of Love


My Bellalina ( Bella)

"A line is a collection of points along a straight path that goes on and on in opposite directions. A line has no endpoints."

Apparently, they are learning basic geometry in the fourth grade. The cool thing is the analogies that develop in their minds.
Bella said, "Hey Mommy, did you know that lines with a dot on the end means it stops." She closed her fists with her arms spread out to demonstrate. She went on to stretch her hands out straight and said, " And did you know that a line with arrows never ends?" I said ,"Yeah, I knew that, finite and infinite." She looked at me and smiled, "Mommy, I love you like this."
Guess how she held her hands.

"A line is a collection of points along a straight path that goes on and on in opposite directions. A line has no endpoints."

Remember, this is fourth grade stuff. Don't get too deep on me and ask me to explain all the intersections of lines in the whole wide world and why some are perpendicular and some are infinitely parallel. That is for someone else to know.

One more thing, I read this the other day and found it to be slightly comforting...

Patience with others is Love
Patience with self is Hope
Patience with God is Faith

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh how I love it!!! I could just see her telling you that as I read the story!!! I love it!!

MONICA said...

Sweet Bella! I love the fourth grade stuff!!

Pamelotta said...

That's a beautiful analogy!

Lydianna Bradford said...

How sweet...Although, its mind boggling to me how big Bella, Paige, Nick, Alex, John, Joey, etc are all getting. I remember them so clearly as they were back when we did Children's Ministry. They are all getting so big!

Kevin said...

Bella sure is growing more beautiful with each year!

Daddy will have to start preparing the perfect bat now! (LOL).

Brenda M Becker said...

I love you that much too Trish. You and your family are so lovely.