CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Road Revelations

Driving in the dark. I began to feel like Jack Kerouac. I have often fancied myself one of those roaming writers from the50's, 60's or 70's. I have never been much of a Christmas person. I have always struggled with it- in my adult life. I did have that one awesome Xmas 1976 when Santa bought me that pink Huffy. Sweet. I heard the bells and everything. It was also the year I lost my two front teeth. But back to the road. Back to the stream of consciousness, flight of ideas that the road produces. It is a drug you know. It explains the gypsies, the Dead Heads, and nomads of any type or creed.
So, I have been organizing my thoughts, what direction to go with- the spiritual, the intellectual, the creative, the physical, the natural tendencies and the discipline challenged facets of me. I have been doing a mental house cleaning. I have not been the best housekeeper for several years. I have been actually pretty close to the worst. But I am good at it when I have to. WHen I clean, I have to move furniture. It sort of drives my husband crazy. SO I have to wait til he is not watching to do it. I have big plans for my house this year- so pray for lots of business for Tru Blu so that my house can get a new do.

I have been thinking about prayer- not in the folded hands at dinner sort of way- not at the shout at the devil with a mega phone sort of way either. Just very intentional. I have been praying about direction of involvements and obligations. I pray for several people. Some diligently than others. I want and need a strategy. I want and need a strategy. This could go on for hours.

Part of the reorganization involves my room. I need study space. I discovered that I did not get adequate study time while studying in the same room as my kids after school- hmm. You think it a no brainer. I have always studied with my kids. I actually have been blessed with the ability to do well with little effort- until this year. Then it got really, really , really hard. SO- I must rise to the challenge of organized life. God help us all.

I am going to become the health freak I have always imagined myself being in mid life- yes people I am there. No fancy red car. No plastic surgery (yet) but I am there. Plan for exercise- start with 10 minutes elliptical, 10 minutes bike, 10 minutes floor- 3 min armcurls, 3min lunges, 4 min crunches. Everyday. I will keep you posted. Hopefully in six weeks you can let me know if I need to step it up or start a health club. ( I still think Ginny Hawk should do an exercise show on CBN.)

Lastly, I sincerely want, desire to be a good mother and wife. I have never been a stay at home mom. I am actually intimidated by it. You have to be so creative to find the moral lesson in the simple things. You have to have this never ending patience. I like my personal time. I have to learn how to manage my time with kid time and Honey time. I bought several books about how to smarten my kids- encourage their intellect. A mind is a terrible thing to waste. I already hug and kiss alot.

I thought alot about covering tonight. I pictured my man- husband as a blanket over me. How he was responsible to make sure that even my toes were warm. From the outside in. He is responsible to know and love me. Does that make me equally responsible to love him from the inside out? Am I to make sure all of his exposed lining (he is still a blanket in my mind) is well cared for? Of course. So while I am underneath the covers I will be thinking about how I can keep him happy and warm and secure in our tent.

I might talk more about my holidays later- My favorite is Easter though- maybe then I can capture the moments.

Closing thoughts: Blogging is evolutionary, SuperVolcanoes are scary, Nieces and Nephews are wonderful. I am home.

2 comments:

Becky and Bryan said...

The thing I love about you, Trish, is that you mean this with all that you are, with such passion. As far as prayer, go for it, Trish...God, himself, put that passion inside your soul, don't quinch it. Let it out, let it out so much that you can't contain it. Oh, how I pray that your flesh can't contain what is crying out in your soul. You are going to move mountains in your prayer life, Trish, but if you quinch it, nothing will be moved. Be obidient to the Spirit of the Lord. Some may say your over the top, but the Lord says "oh, but just wait and see what happens through her and that prayer life of hers! My ears and eyes are turned toward that heart of passion and purity of hers!"

trish said...

You are a born encourager- thank you for being obediant to what God has called you to be. Maybe you recognize my passion cause you got it too. Goes back to grade school. "It takes one to know one!" Love you back-