CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Ready, Set, GLOB

I guess I have sort of felt like the opposite of BLOG. So my absence perpetuated the lull. SO to nullify the lullaby, I hereby update.
Joel went to the Grand Canyon with Aaron. It was the best long trip-away from the family without any mishaps ever. Joel did leave me a present. TWO parties to cater. BACKtoBACK! If it were not for my old faithfuls, ERICA, JAMAL, and the lovely AMANDA. I could not have made it. Well, maybe I could have painfully, gouging my eyes out made it.
Anyway, he came back a man that could not complain about TEXAS HEAT. Having experienced his own personal hell. I don't think hell has a 53 degree river/creek in which to cool off, or a waterfall in which to gaze at the beauty of God's creation. I hope hell does not have any of my friends there either. This includes you Aaron.
The garden is in full swing, as are other bloggers in the network. We have some gorgemousginormas sunflowers, some going to seed. I will post pics soon. Joel says we will grow hundreds of sunflowers next year. We do not have near the production level we need to survive the possible impending doom many predict for the next four years.
We harvested organic/pesticide free corn ( a little starchy), lots of okra, Salmonella free toms of varying types, some golden beets, lots of lettuce that has now gone to seed. Fennel, Basil, Lavender, Rosemary, Oregano, Cilantro, no dill. Lemon cucumbers. I have a couple of cantaloupe, watermelon, strawberries(low yield first year), asparagus( low yield first year). Got lots of new plants just for pretty sake.

Mia came for a visit. It was sweet to see my big girl carry herself with confidence, but come home cause she missed me.

I am liking my newer job, I have had it two months now. I am working for three family doctors part-time, covering vacations for them. It is good. I am free, have less expendable cash, no benefits at this time, but it is better than working so stressed that I need to use my benefits.

I am going to highlight health point of the month. WEAR SUNSCREEN! Malignant Melanoma is real. My Brother in Law is 39 years old. He is a STAGE 4, in Liver and Brain. Pray for my him, my sister and their family.

All you beautiful fair skinned people. Listen up. The ABCDE's of skin screening are as follows:
Asymmetry: If you were to fold your mole in half would it line up?
Borders: Are the Borders of the Lesion irregular?
Color: Are there more than 1 to 2 colors in your mole/skin lesion?
Diameter: Is it greater than five millimeters in size?
Evolving: Are there new lesions or moles next to it? Has it been changing, itching or bugging you?

Call your doctor or nurse practitioner and make an appointment!

I do not want to steal Erica's thunder, but my kids are going to be in a play next Thursday that Erica is directing, I will let her fill you in on the details, Fran's kids are involved also. I am going to have to have it filmed, because I work Thursdays, If we are slow I might try to get out to go watch. Insert small hopeful prayer here.

Joel is brewing up some serious stuff in regards to farm to table in our community. I am really excited for all of us. I might let him guest blog to fill you in. He is such a talker I might have to film it and post a video blog with real live interactions. I would like to do a documentary on the transformation of a school district before good food and after. We have dubbed the next generation, a really cool term. I can't tell you all of the stuff, but, my husband is sooo cool.

I am applying for a legislative intern position in Austin, 1-2 days a week from January through May. This may not seem like much to you, but it is so awesome. I used to want to be a lawyer, but I am not. SO this would be way cool to learn to read legislation and lobby for the rights of NPs in Texas. I WOULD LOVE, love, love it! Insert another prayer here.

I would say something about our fundraiser, but I don't want to . God taught me a lot about obedience through that situation. All I can do is apologize to all of you that read and say that I hope what we did to raise money for single parents was not divisive or offensive. I pray that you would forgive us if we offended you. We offended ourselves and will try harder to move when God says move. What happened was not our initial concept, yet it was blessed financially. We believe God did not empower those he wanted to empower through this. I believe He will redeem it.
If you would like to be part of how funds are invested in single parents, please call us. We would love to have anyone involved that feels called to be part of what we are doing. Everyone except Fran. By the way, my relaxation techniques will require you to get a babysitter and us to go to lunch or dinner and talk.

I guess that is all for now. Peace out.

5 comments:

God's Warrior Bride said...

I am so glad to read your blog - I have missed you and hearing about all of your coming and goings. I was wondering about the fund raiser, and when you wanted to pick up the gift certificates. I didn't even realize that it had come and gone until someone filled me in on what transpired. I am glad that it was financial blessed, even if it did happen as planned. However, if you ever have another one I would still love to donate. I look forward to hearing what Joel has planned for our community and also hearing from you again. Be blessed my sweet, sweet sister.

Francesca said...

I would love dinner or lunch or talking. I would find that very relaxing.

Anonymous said...

You are not a thunder-stealer! The skit is short but it is going to be great! Clyde Library, Thurs at 2pm. Come visit me at my new blog site: nrwe.wordpress.com

Lydianna Bradford said...

Thanks for the update Trish. I have no idea what happened with the fundraiser but I'm sorry it wasn't as intended. I'm glad you had a nice visit with Mia and reunion with Joel. It sounds like they had quite the trip! Also, my prayer for you first and foremost is that you have contentment in all the seasons of your life and that you can be satisfied with the small picture we get to see and move from.

Unknown said...

I was wondering if you had abandoned us here at BLOGVILLE. It was so nice to catch up on things. Wow, I also can't wait to hear about what your awesome husbnad has in store for the community. I will be waiting gleefully.