CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Happy Anniversary to me!


I cannot believe it is twelve years! Wow. I am so mushy, I have this Barry Manilow, Looks Like we Made It tune running through my mind. We are going to www.theturtlerestaurant.com for dinner tonight. My husband, the terminal foodie. I guess I just wanted to say thanks to all of you that help us in life. Being married is not an easy thing. Being in love and married is awesome.
I recently had a revelation about how I love my husband. I was mad at him and felt like God asked me if I loved my husband. I thought sure I do. Then I felt like He asked if I was "loving him" like this...1 Corinthians 13:1-13 - Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.
I thought, nope.
I am far from the perfect wife, but I try to remember this when I start counting what he does "wrong". Anyway, back to happy, blessings to you all. I hope you all know the kind of love that endures all things.

3 comments:

MONICA said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Francesca said...

Congrats! 12 years goes by fast. Ours is in Oct.

You and Joel are a living breathing testimony that God is in the business of making not great marriages, awesome marriages. We know that power first hand.

I have enjoyed watching the two of you live life. You are good at life.

Unknown said...

WOW. 12 YEARS. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY.
I LOVE THE BARRY MANILOW SONG, "LOOKS LIKE WE MADE IT"......