CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Ode to my Uncle Eddie

I think everyone should have had and Uncle Eddie. He was amazing. My uncle Eddie died Saturday night. I am here in South Texas (Mc Allen)getting ready to go to the funeral. I was thinking about his humor, (he even did stand up comedy). At the traditional Catholic Rosary last night they had a slide show of pics. He really was a nut. He could do the Donald Duck voice like no other. Except maybe Donald Duck. He was extremely articulate and intelligent. People usually thought he was a lawyer, just because he was so analytical and logical. Which leads me to another point. He loved Old School Star Trek, I am not sure if he liked Spock for his logic or Jim for his passion, but being who he was I am sure he liked them both. It seems part of their characters were part of his character. He had polio as a child, he married a beautiful lady in 1991, much younger I might add, but they never had children. He had children in his many nieces and nephews. He loved us with a grand love. He always encouraged, always leaned the glory fire of God into us. His goal was to light a candle into our lives. One of insight, passion, life lessons or just pure fun. I know that each and everyone of us has a story about Eddie. A joke he told, a first concert, the teaching of a the first chords on guitar. I like the example of that one. Uncle Eddie taught my brother his first few chords on guitar. My brother Matt does not make a living playing guitar, but the compositons that have stemmed from the inspiration will last a lifetime. I predict that some of Matt's Flamenco style guitar will be studied for its form. To me this is an example of the glory of God being in a persons live that honors another life with what they know. Eddie knew relationship. Son, brother, father to Aaron by choice, uncle, cousin, nephew, friend, co-worker, husband, but there were others, Eddie the philosopher, writer, poet, dj,comedian, inspirer, musician, worshipper of God. Multiple intelligences is what a personality test would reveal. But words cannot capture the man. I thank God for the experience of being loved and influenced in becoming the person that I am, in part to my Uncle Eddie. I love you. I will miss you.

0 comments: