CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Random Stuff



I thought this was a beautiful picture of my parents.

I passed the semester! Eight weeks to go. Countdown to graduation.

I got my tickets to Thailand and Cambodia in August. Woohoo! I met Joel 15 years ago this year. We get to have a honeymoon. We are so excited. This is an odd year for a honey moon, 11 years married in July, but who cares!I am going to Thailand.

In January I was so bummed. I felt outed by God, like I was intentionally excluded from the medical mission trip. I felt really wintery and buried. Well, I figured out that I was excluded. It was not my time. He had other plans for me. He knows best for me. And guess what? He was right. Go figure. The creator of the universe knows what it right for me. I am so happy that all the things I have dreamed of are coming to pass. So, three weeks to chill. I am excited about working a little, not just for the cash, but because there it feels good to love strangers. People are scared in the hospital and I am there so infrequently these days, I can really love them. I am full to love them. In the past having a job as a nurse burnt me. I worked myself to nothing. I was in a vacuum. I work way less now and feel so free. I don't have it all. But I am blessed.

6 comments:

ericaprosser said...

that is a beautiful picture! and YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY! I am so happy for you- I know you have wanted to go for SOOOO long! I know it is going to be everything that you imagine it will be!

Lydianna Bradford said...

How exciting!! You have an awesome perspective on your nursing. I know you will bless many!!

Brandi Wilson said...

Trish, this post made me so happy for you! I love when your heart has excitiment and peace.
WOW!!! What an exciting time for you! That's awesome that you bought your tickets for THE TRIP!!! You're going to make such a difference there!

Hey, are you graduating in 8 weeks as a Nurse Practitioner? Do you think you will work in the office with Dr. Wiley? I would love to come in and see you. I'm pretty tight with Dr. Wiley. Maybe I could hook you up. :)

Brandi Wilson said...

AND...that is a lovely picture. You look so much like your Mom.

trish said...

Erica: Yes! It is just not all the way real yet.

Ashlee: I do love comforting and loving people. I am so much more free in the hospital. I know that might sound weird, but I often feel a little socially backward. I enjoy people, but social doesn't always come easy for me. In the hospital ,as a nurse, it is weird, but I feel I have the authority to stroke someone's forehead and reassure them that they are well cared for and not alone. It is awesome to look in someone's eyes you may never see again and love them.

High- in- Demand: I love it when you get excited cause I am excited, it just makes me even more excited. Feel free to tell Dr. Wiley any great thing about me. I don't think they are interested in me though. Most people don't like to hire new NP's. I don't know if that office is the right fit for me. I had a blast with their kids and Heidi is great. I will be at Dr. Steadman's office next week. I just want to do whatever God wants.

And is my mommy gorgeous or what? She was sixteen in that picture! I don't think any of her children are near as pretty as she was. But thank you for the compliment.

MONICA said...

Wow you really look like your mom..and your dad. I love the pic of you and Joel too, so beautiful. I am thrilled for your trip also, I love your passion and enthusiasm. I also love your poems!! Just love you!