CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Beautiful


Me and my man at the Soft ball tournament on Fri evning
I had a beautiful day. I woke up at six this morning and said goodbye to my big girl as she drove to her job. I laid in bed for 8 more minutes and talked to God, mostly it was just whisperings. I woke up my next child and had her get ready for Softball tournament. Dropped her off and went to buy fruit and snacks for the day. Her team won the first two games, lost the third and fourth. BUT- she hit her first homerun today. Too cool! It was so fun to see her own suprise as she came home. We ran to the store after the last game and got Nash and Bella new outfits, ran over to Candy's and changed, jumped in the car and went to the FGF Missions banquet.Joel prepared food from all the nations supported tonight- I did not get to taste any it all- after all I was late.


The auction items were superb. The tables were beautifully decorated. The feature speaker Randy Boyd of Prepare International was such a beautiful man of God. He is so in love with the purpose of his life, to fellowship with God and bring others into the fellowship of God. He gave many examples of extravagant love he had witnessed. I was able to speak with many people that are beautiful to me. Kind hearts and givers, servants and missionaries. It was sweet. I think

The biggest thing for me today was
To hear the heart of God for me
To hear his love for me again, today
To be called again
To be chosen again
Yes, I know the first time is so special
But as anyone who is married knows-
To be chosen again and again by someone you love
Only knits your heart more tightly
Only weaves the stitches more securely
Until your heartbeat truly is one
For that moment
Your name is called, whispered
And the joy of knowing how much you are loved returns
It is passionate
It is a wax and wane of intimacy
Even in a room filled with people
It is your little secret garden
If but for a moment, in the spirit lease on earth
It is a deposit on an eternal purchase in the heavenlies

6 comments:

Pamelotta said...

I don't know if that was supposed to be poetry, but it was. It just seems to flow out of you without you being able to control it. What a beautiful picture.

Speaking of secret gardens...I got that movie for the girls the other day and we can't stop watching it.

trish said...

Mia, Joel and I have seen it a hundred times. We started it when Mia was about four. Joel just bought it and Curly Sue the other day. I will reformt the poem- it didn't mean to be , but thank you.

Rachel said...

The food was amazing! I did branch out a little bit!! ;) That coconut jelly stuff was interesting!! I fell in love with the beef and green beans. . . and that salsa was to die for!! AMAZING!!

And, I got all of my pictures! But, it was a fun evening because everything went to missions. It was great!!

Brandi Wilson said...

I love that picture of you two!
I also love Randy Boyd. During Kingdom Advance I had a bit of a crush on him. My Randy always made fun of me.
The menu sounds great. You and Joel are so creative. With a pen in your hand, and a bottle of olive oil in Joel's you two can change the world!

And, off topic can I say that your kids are amazing?

ericaprosser said...

Awesome picture, awesome job last night, I just love everything you do. And i love that you allow me to be a part of so much of it.

trish said...

Bloomin Cactus: It feels funny calling you that- I am so happy you guys came. It means a lot to us, but especially Joel. I wish I could have sat at both tables, you guys looked like you had fun together. I relaly am glad you got some of Paul's work. I still see you in Cambodia someday.

High in Demand: You can say my kids are amazing anytime you want to! It is hard not to have a crush on the Glory of God in a man or woman for that matter! Totally natural. It is only sin if you do a double take somewhere you shouldn't. If you circle the block for another look - you're in bondage. ( A little something form that Rutland marriage conference.)

And Erica: You make my heart so happy just to have you in our lives. If I could see you everyday it wouldn't be enough. I would like some of your talent to rub my direction. I can't wait to see what you do with the Art show- BTW I have a guy that lives in Baird that wants to display his art- He is awesome. Would that be alright?