CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Home update


Things are rolling along just fine. Marriage is good. Kids are a little on the bratty side sometimes, but generally evoke love and hope for the future. I feel very blessed to be in this peaceful time. I have had so many ups and downs in my life, it is nice to coast!
My husband is having a walk-in closet built for me. How cool is that? It is stage one. I have a renovation plan for my house. Over the next year I believe that God is giving me a physical picture of restoration, starting with my home. I should have my own little special place by the end of the week. Then I will be gutting my bathroom. Anyone that knows me, has known how much I have wanted to do that I am so excited. I guess I questioned so much why so many people so much younger than me had so much more ( materially) and it really bothered, and in some ways embarrassed me. I am ashamed to admit that. But it seems that my level of gratitude has been raised significantly. God really is after your heart. Transforming it room by room if necessary. Then granting the desires of each room it seems. As I have mentioned the last couple of posts this Bible study I am doing is exactly what I needed at this time.

"In scripture building a house means more than stacking bricks. It refers to family line. I am thankful Christ was a carpenter by trade. Even now he is preparing a place for us so that we will have the perfect house to occupy when we get to heaven.
Perhaps your home has been like ours- built on human strength or the pitiful lack of it. Either approach turns out to be in vain. Maybe God wasn't invited from the start to invade every part of your family life and you suffered the consequences. Maybe you feel much like your home is in shambles. In desperation I have cried out over and over to the only dependable home builder I knew, asking him to come to the rescue. At times I felt like he was late to work, but little by little I began to see his hand, pouring some new foundation and tearing down the walls the enemy had tried to erect between members of my family. As you continue to pray, trust and look for signs of His work in your family, keep in mind that Christ is a custom home builder. Your home is not going to look like someone else's. Free Christ to let him tell you how your home will look instead of vice versa. He alone has the blueprint."
Beth Moore

Any have a great day. I am on my way to work on the restoration of my body! I.E. exercise.

3 comments:

Kevin said...

Trish,

Thanks for sharing. Ashlee and I struggled with those same thoughts at times: the ones about someone younger or similar age having so much more, or nicer things than we do.

It always boils down to one question: Do I really want their destiny, when God has an awesome destiny for my life?

trish said...

I am there. I am finally understanding to be happy in where I am. WHere God has ME. THanks for always being an encourager. I am sure you are and amazing pastor.

Unknown said...

Wow that was awesome Trish. Thanks for sharing that with me. I feel like it was just for me girl.
Also wow what a porch/deck on your house. That is awesome.