CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 01, 2007

Living in Community

We live in community, even when we go off by ourselves. Remember the old song: "I see the moon and the moon sees me, the moon sees somebody I want to see; God bless the moon and God bless me and God bless somebody I want to see." To be in relationship with God is to be in relationship with every person who is also in relationship with God. And we do not need to speak the same language or have the same accent to be in true community; we have only to realize that we are all part of God, and to keep that uppermost in our mind and spirit as we live and relate to each other.
--William A. Kolb, "Community: Where the Holy Spirit Hangs Out"

I love the truth in these statements. I hope we can truly live this out, that polarities do not bring division, but dialogue that reaches deeply into the pockets of our hearts and minds. Stretch and be stretched.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

HEY TRISH. THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE X-MAS PACKAGE FOR MY FIANCE. I GO TO THE SAME CHURCH YOU GO TO(KLF).
SO ANY SUNDAY IM THERE YOU CAN GET IT TO ME. IS USUALLY SIT SOMEWHER IN THE MIDDLE BY OR WITH CYNDI GARCIA. AGAIN. THANKS

ericaprosser said...

Love you & Joel so much. Thank you for everything & for continuing to love me & believe in me.

Leah Cypert said...

miss you Trish and miss the community we have together, but you are right we are still close in mind and spirit no matter how many miles away!
Love you
Leah