CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 26, 2008

ten-in-the-summertime

ten in the summer time
at the pool by grandma's house
and grandpa-in-the- garage, waiting
to make you a hamburger and the best red kool-aid ever
green grass
merry go round
finding the quarter underwater after the life guards blow the whistle
to get back in
blue skies
with white cumulus nimbus
running with cousins
with arms way out
circles until we fall
the raspa man with the mustache and smile
more quarters from grandpa-in- the- garage
to buy whatever color sno-cone
hide in the closet and hope mom and dad leave me here
just a little longer


trishtrueblood

4 comments:

Francesca said...

Now, this poem I get. I love it!!

Madame Angela Baggett said...

awesome- I feel younger and lighter already.

Unknown said...

I LIKE IT. GREAT POEM...

Brenda M Becker said...

you have an amazing poetic heart and mind which combines in lovely rhythm